Monday, April 15, 2013

Florence Part 1: A City Made of Statues and Stories

...in which we settled into the house, became acquainted with the city, climbed the Duomo, went to the leather market, and ate lots and lots (and lots and lots) of gelato.

We stayed in the countryside in a little county about an hour's bus ride from the center of Florence. This is the view from the bus. Isn't it gorgeous?!

I'd seen pictures of the Duomo before, but I didn't realize just how beautiful the place was!

The view from the top was beautiful as well!
Here are the beauteous things I bought at the leather market! The beads on the left are Venetian glass (or an imitation, but either way, still beautiful!) You can just see the sparkliness of the beads in the picture, I couldn't quite capture the whole beautiful effect. These are meant as presents...I hope I will be strong enough to part with them. 
Here is the bell tower next door to the Duomo!

Here is my stripy skirt, my gelato, and my derp face (The skirt was €7 at the big flea market here in Brussels! It's really a marvelous skirt... I'll get more pictures of it later!) 

Parts 2-4 to come soon! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment